Sunday, May 29, 2011

'Kongsi' worth Kongsi-ing

Just finished watching this movie after several unsuccessful attempts. You see I work on weekends either Saturdays or Sundays, so when I found out that my better half bought this movie on Astro First, I was really looking forward to it.


















However, my little boboi was very annoyed that my attention was not on him. Tantrums were thrown & many tactics plus techniques were put into motion to get me to pay attention to him.


It's a good thing the movie plays on & on non-stop for the next two days, so it's not a problem should I miss it. After little boboi fell asleep, I switched on the tv & found out that Farid Kamil's movie is not bad at all.

I think the whole movie is lively & well-paced. The fighting scenes were enjoyable to watch plus I applaud Shaheizy for doing all those stunts (it looked like he did all of them...? Or did the stunt guys did it?) The dialogs were funny & the scenes depicted were hilarious! I personally enjoyed when a car of kongsi gelap gangsters were suddenly transformed into 'Pak Hajis & Lebais' when they came to a road-block by the PDRM.

The car chase were also well done. Although I wonder whether PDRM really gave their consent to have their patrol cars smashed up? Hmmmm....

Another funny scene was how Shaheizy aka Tumulak can't figure out how to assemble a sniper rifle in order to carry out his assignment. It's funny when you see him struggling with it. Also was when he 'tortured' his hostage! That was funny too!

Anyway, Shaheizy is a talented actor & I can see why he is highly regarded. I would pay good money to watch his movies. For those who have not caught it, do also watch 'Adnan Sempit'.

















So go ahead & kongsi watch this 'Kongsi' movie! It's worth it.

No comments: